Friday, July 13, 2007

Starting a Project

It didn't take a celestial omen to foretell impending troubles, but a comet did make an appearance in 1873. The blizzards of the winter of 1873-1874 were harsh and brutal. Isa-tai predicted with success when the comet would leave the heavens. He predicted the winter blizzards. He predicted that the Spring and Summer would be hot and dry, 1874 would be one of the hottest & driest Summers on record. Isa-tai called for a Sun dance in May of 1874 and predicted that the Great Power would aid the people in taking back their land, if they would fight for it. Disenchanted with their current hardships, members of the Commanche, Kiowa, Arapaho, and Southern Cheyenne tribes left the reservations and made war.

My name is Elaine and I'm starting a new miniature wargaming project. This one is closer to home than anyother project I have ever done. I have chosen to collect and game the Red River War of 1874-1875. It is close to home in that my great-grandmother was Kiowa. Anyway, I think this would be a great project to research and model. And luckily for me, all of the historical sites are within easy driving range of the Dallas metroplex.

No comments: